I was sitting at my computer this morning after eating to much for Easter. I thought I would check out Search Engine Lands website and see what was new. I was looking around, and read a very interesting article, on how to avoid bad SEO providers. I feel that the article is a really good one and gives people new to SEO some good tips on how to avoid problems down the road.
The article covers many things that SEO people understand, but that many non SEO people may not be aware of. The article includes a list of things to watch out for, especially if you don’t want to get a Google penalty. The list covers things like:
- Low quality, duplicate content. ( We all know this is bad!)
- Guaranteed Rankings (Most professional SEO Companies will avoid doing this.)
- Unrealistically low fee’s for doing the work. SEO takes a lot of work so this can be a red flag!
- The do not provide monthly reports how your site is doing over time.
- They do not give the client access to Google Analytics data. This is a definite red flag.
It covers many other items people should look out for when dealing with SEO companies. If you would like to read the article, and I suggest you do, here is a link to it. 10 tips to Avoiding Shady SEO Providers.